Welcome to the Chocomolds members area. All of the member files have been transferred here from the Onestop Project Club and we will begin phasing out the pages there.
We have made some improvements over the old Project Club site the most notable of which are the ability to pick your own user name / password and the move of our full Basics Of Chocolate Molding Online Course here from artisanschool.com We no longer charge for the course and it is free to members.
Member Area FAQ
Q. I have an account, why do I have to register separately for the members area?
A. For security mostly. The shopping software is designed and tested to meet the highest standards of security. The shopping cart's database is accessible only to itself - allowing another piece of software to interface with the shopping software's database would provide a potential security threat.
Q. Why does each area of the site require a different registration?
A. When we select software for the site we always choose the best one for the task (best blog, best forum, etc...). These are generally not designed to work from the same database. Although we could install an all in one package that contains all of these functions, these packages are generally inferior to individual scripts. For simplicity we suggest using the same user name and password for all areas of the site.
Q. Why have a members area?
A. Several reasons:
- It provides a reward to customers.
- It reduces the drain on web server resources.
- It reduces the financial drain on us - While most folks think of the internet as free, every file that gets looked at on a web site is paid for by the site. This is called throughput and is usually billed per gigabyte of transfer. By being a customer you are helping pay for that throughput and therefore we are happy to give you access to all available information.
- We don't want to sound too mercenary here - we still offer far more free projects and information than every other chocolate making web site put together, but the choicest stuff, largest stuff, and videos have to be restricted or we couldn't afford to put them online.
- Bob spends an average of 35 to 40 hours a month creating, photographing, and writing those project articles. That's essentially one week a month and it's not realistic to expect us to donate all that expense to the public domain, although approximately 30% of new articles are posted to the free section.
- The members area allows us to post videos which are very large files and create a massive throughput bill.
- The amount of information here would fill several books. You wouldn't expect a book publisher to give away books for free, yet we basically provide all this information at no charge. We feel that any purchase of any size is a small enough thing to ask for full access (considering that you are getting products from that purchase anyway).